- 4 large bell peppers (any color you prefer)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked rice (white, brown, or quinoa)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Prepare the Bell Peppers:
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse them inside and out. If needed, slice a small portion off the bottom to make them stand upright in a baking dish.
Cook the Ground Turkey:
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking it apart with a spatula as it cooks. Season with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil.
- Add the cooked rice and drained diced tomatoes to the skillet with the cooked ground turkey. Mix everything together until well combined.
Stuff the Peppers:
- Stand the bell peppers upright in a baking dish.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the turkey and rice mixture, pressing it down gently as you go.
Top with Cheese:
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Carefully remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil if desired.
These turkey stuffed bell peppers are not only delicious but also a well-balanced dinner option. You can customize the filling by adding other vegetables or spices to suit your taste. Enjoy your meal!