- 1 cup cooked and cooled rice (preferably day-old)
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced green onions for garnish
Cook the Shrimp:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
Scramble the Eggs:
- In the same skillet, add a little more oil if needed. Push the shrimp to one side of the skillet.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the other side of the skillet. Allow them to cook for a few seconds, then scramble them with a spatula until they're fully cooked. Remove the scrambled eggs and set aside with the shrimp.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet if necessary. Add the minced garlic, diced carrots, and frozen peas.
- Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes until the carrots are tender and the peas are heated through.
Add Rice and Shrimp:
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet, breaking up any clumps. Mix it with the sautéed vegetables.
Season and Combine:
- Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice and vegetables. Mix well to evenly distribute the flavors.
Add Eggs and Shrimp:
- Gently fold in the scrambled eggs and cooked shrimp into the rice mixture.
Adjust Seasoning and Serve:
- Taste the fried rice and season with salt and pepper as needed. Be cautious with the salt, as soy sauce is already salty.
Garnish and Serve:
- If desired, sprinkle sliced green onions over the shrimp fried rice for a fresh and vibrant touch.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Plate the shrimp fried rice and serve it hot. This delicious and savory dish is ready to be enjoyed for dinner!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, or corn. You can also adjust the seasonings to your taste preferences.